Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Threatening skies

Tonight, I went to Forbidden Drive at about 6:00. Since I ran  before eating, I expected a better run than last night, and my expectations were met.

The skies had been overcast all afternoon, and the humidity was high. When I arrived at Forbidden Drive, I could hear thunder rumbling in the distance. Yet we weren’t under a watch or a warning, and other people (perhaps as foolish as I?) were arriving to cycle and run. According to the weather forecast, we could expect scattered thunderstorms.

Fortunately, in 32 minutes of running, no storms erupted (nor have they since). My ran did go better, although I’m still having some pains about which I’m a little concerned. I’m taking tomorrow off, and I’m going to continue to limit myself to three miles for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment