Monday, June 22, 2009

New pain

I can’t believe that I never blogged Friday night’s run! I had a good one, although I experienced a little bit of foot pain. I’m getting concerned that my orthotics aren’t quite right (but they are, after all, fifteen years old, so my foot may have changed some since then). Perhaps we’ll get this straightened out when I visit the podiatrist on Thursday.

Outside of that, though, it was a good, early evening run. I went down to Forbidden Drive a little after 5 p.m. When I left the office, the air seemed humid, but the moisture seemed to have dissipated by the time I got to Valley Green. The temperature seemed a  bit cooler, too. (It helps, of course, that Forbidden Drive is in a valley and runs next to a stream.) I ran slowly: three twelve-minute miles. During the first part of the run, I felt as if I were running with legs of lead.

Tonight’s run was somewhat better: I ran three miles in a bit under 34 minutes. I had some mild pain in my left foot again, but I’m more concerned about new pain in the back of my lower left leg. I’ve iced it, and that’s helped, but I’m afraid I’m going to have to continue with my reduced running schedule. :=(

I had planned to run tomorrow evening, but now I don’t think that’s going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment