Monday, May 2, 2011

Broad Street Run 2011--Part I

Yesterday I ran my second Broad Street Run. It was a great experience, as was last year's, although I was disappointed that not more friends were able to run it. Registration filled up quickly, faster than many had anticipated. I got a place by registering as soon as it had opened--which is not to brag; rather, it's more of an indication of the running geek that I seem to be becoming. It is, in short, an indication of a near-pathological condition.

First the big picture: I ran the race in 1:42 and change. My goal was to run in under 1:45, so I was pleased with the outcome. The specifics, however--well I'll deal with them in a subsequent post. My daughter Madeleine also ran and finished. She and I were both happy about her having done so, although she's not sure if she'll run a race like this again. Still, it's exciting for me to see her take on something like this and to stick with it through a sometimes arduous training regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment