Friday, February 11, 2011

And the hiatus is ... OVER!!!

Today I ran for the first time since November 21, the day of the Philadelphia Half-Marathon. My left ankle and foot seem to have healed, and I've also undergone physical therapy to build up my ankle. And, thanks to the physical therapist, I acquired this little piece of exercise equipment:


It is an inflatable balance disc, and it's good for all sorts of balance training exercises. I've been using it to strengthen my ankle by attempting to stand on one foot for 30 seconds.  And it seems to be making a difference: I at least have more control of the ankle than I've had in a while.

I hit the gym in the early afternoon today. I ran intervals: 2 minutes running, 1 minute walking. As should come as no surprise, I'm not aerobically anywhere close to where I was last fall, but these things will come back with time. For now, I'm just hoping to strengthen what needs to be stronger so I can avoid another injury-enforced hiatus!

No comments:

Post a Comment